Consumers Union Documents
- State Hospital Infection Public Reporting Laws
Summary of state laws hospital infection reporting laws.
- Child's Death Raises More Questions About Blood-Thinner
“Nebraska health officials have admitted that 23-month-old Almariah Duque may have died from an overdose of the blood-thinner heparin, raising more questions about the use of the drug on infants.”
- Dallas toddler dies after heparin overdose at Nebraska hospital Source: Dallas Morning News (Thursday April 1, 2010)
A 23 month old died from an overdose of blood thinner while in the hospital to be treated for an infection.
- Lax Needle Use in Clinics Raises Alarm Source: The Wall Street Journal (Wednesday February 4, 2009)
The Safe Injection Practices Education and Awareness Campaign focuses on the dangers of health care workers reusing needles.
- Hand gels alone may not curb infections Source: Associated Press (Tuesday January 29, 2008)
Nebraska researcher says hand hygiene is still important, but it’s not a panacea