Consumers Union Documents
- State Hospital Infection Public Reporting Laws
Summary of state laws hospital infection reporting laws.
- Ex-Des Moines doctor cited in West Virginia VA death
With a trail of errors behind him, Iowa doctor hired by a VA hospital in West Virginia.
- There is a database, but it costs to search Source: Des Moines Register (Thursday August 14, 2014)
The National Practitioner Data Bank is what state licensing boards use to research a doctor’s background but the AMA says it’s not reliable. Why is it acceptable to use this information to license a physician but not show it to the public?
- Outpatient Antibiotic Utilization Highest in West Virginia and Kentucky Source: Epidemonomics Blog (Thursday November 17, 2011)
That two small Appalachian states, with a struggling healthcare system, would be at the top of the list for outpatient antibiotic utilization is not unexpected. Read the explanation for these high rates.
Research and Reports
- West Virginia Healthcare-Associated Infection Public Reporting Program 2012 Annual Report Source: West Virginia Health Care Authority (Thursday March 1, 2012)