Montana

0

Policy and Legislation

Click to display archived legislation

Consumers Union News Releases

Click to display archived news releases

News

Click to display archived news

Research and Reports

  • Why Not The Best? Comparative Reports on Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections

    Users of WhyNotTheBest.org can now search for and compare data for nearly 1,000 hospitals on the incidence of central line–associated bloodstream infections (CLABSIs)—one of the most lethal hospital-acquired complications. The data show wide variation in CLABSI incidence, in spite of strong evidence on how to prevent them. The updated data is made possible through a partnership among The Commonwealth Fund, The Leapfrog Group, and Consumers Union.

Click to display archived research

User Submitted Links (3)

  • On November 5, 2009 Richard Blount posted:

    A few doctors know what they’re doing but alot of specialist won’t come here because they can’t make what they want.Many Doctors here are afraid of the DEA stepping on doctors who care for Patients living in Pain,most just say they won’t take you on..Which means death is sooner.

  • On January 17, 2011 Jennifer Harris posted:

    My father was infected with MRSA after being admitted into the hospital for knee surgery. A year later, he is just finishing up his ‘last’ round of antibiotics.

  • On June 21, 2011 Shelby Kuenning posted:

    Two years ago my mother was identified as having contracted MRSA while undergoing some medical tests at the hospital. She’d never been identified as having it before and the ultimate result was that she took a serious fall while in a transitional care unit that she was put in because of the MRSA (she couldn’t return to her independent/assisted living facility because of it). The transitional care people didn’t pay close attention to her and some idiot, yes “idiot” doctor had put her on cyclobenzapring (Flexoril) to which she is extremely sensitive and is contraindicated for elderly patients. This wouldn’t have happened if not for the MRSA because the staff at her independent living facility, and I, would’ve picked up on this. She almost died as a result of the fall and ultimately had to be moved to another, more expensive, facitility in order to receive a higher level of care which she needed as a result of these events.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here