You can also opt for a light salmon carpaccio with oranges and rocket, or bresaola with rocket and parmesan. The greediest will also want to add a drizzle of raw oil, but you can decide to avoid it and use lemon juice.
In terms of pasta, that is, first courses, condiments can represent a problem for the line.
The sauces are in fact always quite loaded with sautéed, various sauces, butter or cream. At that point it would be better to have a white pasta with a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and Parmesan cheese or, at the very least, with tomato sauce, but without preparing the sauce first.
- In terms of diet and dining away from home, a myth to dispel is the choice of the salad, a dish considered light, but which in reality is often not light at all.
- We are talking about salads that contain corn, tuna, vegetables in oil, mozzarella, eggs and so on, and which are therefore highly caloric.
- Therefore, the salad is only good if it is based on raw or grilled vegetables with the addition of only one of the foods described above.
As for pizza, this is not prohibited.
Those who do not want to get fat can order a marinara and then a pizza without mozzarella but only with tomato, capers and anchovies. But for dinners out with friends, during the diet period, it is better to favor restaurants with fish menus and the ideal is to choose grilled fish or baked in the oven with salt, seasoned directly at the table.
- Sushi to be served with soy sauce or sashimi is also perfect. Japanese cuisine is in fact among the lightest because it focuses on raw fish, seasonal vegetables, rice and seaweed.
- This does not mean that going to dinner in an “all you can eat” place will allow you to stay on a diet.
- The doses of food taken are very important in these cases. For this reason, even if sushi is among the recommended foods, you must not abuse it.
As for the meat, if you want to be careful not to get fat, a steak with a side of salad will do just fine. Or a slice of grilled chicken or turkey breast with a side of cooked vegetables. For dessert, if you really can’t do without it, fold over an ice cream or a fruit sorbet or replace your lunch with a slice of cake or a dessert with a spoon and a cup of tea.
Lunch break with a sandwich
In recent years, the sensitivity towards a conscious diet has grown both among consumers and managers operating in the catering sector. So bars, restaurants and company canteens are adapting and offering various menus, compatible with a healthy diet. It’s up to you to choose nutritious and light dishes and it’s easier than you might think.
- Those who have little time for lunch can opt for a quick sandwich or two slices of bread, preferably wholemeal and without salt, stuffed with a single ingredient to choose from among cold cuts, cheese and fish.
- Green light, therefore, to a simple but tasty wholemeal bread stuffed with raw ham or with a choice of cold cuts: bresaola, speck, cooked ham and roast turkey.
Always accompany it with raw or grilled or steamed vegetables.
Yes also to fresh cheeses such as stracchino, ricotta, mozzarella and robiola, which however should not be associated with cold cuts. Same thing with preserved fish, so natural tuna, salmon, shrimp and the like are fine. Instead, it is good to avoid the usual sandwich full of fats and preservatives, which weighs down but is not satiating, and carbonated and sugary drinks.