Consumers Union Documents
- Health and Human Services Grants for hospital infection prevention at surgical centers
HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius designates ARRA money to stand-alone or same-day surgical centers to fight hospital infections in 12 states.
- State Hospital Infection Public Reporting Laws
Summary of state laws hospital infection reporting laws.
Consumers Union News Releases
- Arkansas Rated Among Worst In Nation For Failing to Keep Patients Informed About Bad Doctors
From a review of state medical board websites.
- Recovery Act to fund 12 state efforts to improve care in ambulatory surgical centers Source: CMS Office of Public Affairs (Thursday July 30, 2009)
Money from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 will pay $1 million for infection control in ambulatory surgical centers in Maine, New Jersey, Maryland, Florida, North Carolina, Indiana, Michigan, Arkansas, Oregon, Utah, Wyoming and Kansas.
- Arkansas to start voluntary hospital infection reporting Source: KUAR Public Radio (Monday December 8, 2008)
No one knows how many hospitals will participate when the program starts up in 2009. At any rate, the information will be pooled so that no individual hospital is identified.