- Two bacteria strains, Two challenges Source: Dallas Morning News (Thursday May 3, 2007)
MRSA is getting a lot of attention nationally because of its increasing prevalence and virulence.
- Information is the new tool in the fight against hospital infections Source: Dallas Morning News (Thursday May 3, 2007)
Texas lawmakers have passed legislation to make patient infection rates public.
- Infections found in hospitals Source: KVUE-TV (Thursday April 5, 2007)
Texas lawmakers are working to shine the spotlight on hospital infections.
- Texas bill seeks to document hospital infections Source: Austin American Statesman (Thursday April 5, 2007)
The state Senate has passed a bill requiring disclosure of patient infection rates.
- VA Hospital Fights Superbug Source: KHOU - Houston (Tuesday December 26, 2006)
Veterans’ hospitals are taking the offensive against MRSA and one in Pittsburgh has seen a 60% reduction in MRSA.
- Are you gambling with your health when choosing a hospital? Source: KHOU-TV (Friday November 10, 2006)
A Texas advisory committee is urging the state to require hospitals to report data on patient infections to the public.