Consumers Union Documents
- Health and Human Services Grants for hospital infection prevention at surgical centers
HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius designates ARRA money to stand-alone or same-day surgical centers to fight hospital infections in 12 states.
- State Hospital Infection Public Reporting Laws
Summary of state laws hospital infection reporting laws.
Consumers Union News Releases
- Wyoming Rated Among Worst In Nation For Failing to Keep Patients Informed About Bad Doctors
From a review of state medical board websites.
- Recovery Act to fund 12 state efforts to improve care in ambulatory surgical centers
Source: CMS Office of Public Affairs (Thursday July 30, 2009)
Money from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 will pay $1 million for infection control in ambulatory surgical centers in Maine, New Jersey, Maryland, Florida, North Carolina, Indiana, Michigan, Arkansas, Oregon, Utah, Wyoming and Kansas.
- Hospital infection information is scarce
Source: Casper Star Tribune (Tuesday April 10, 2007)
Hospitals in Wyoming are not required by the state or federal government to make their rates public.
- Surgical Secrets
Source: Wyoming Tribune-Eagle (Monday December 25, 2006)
Wyoming hospital infection rates, nowhere to be found.