Washington Advocates for Patient Safety (WAPS)
The mission of Washington Advocates for Patient Safety (WAPS) is to promote accountability, quality, safety, and responsibility in patient care. As the voice of patients, their goals are to eliminate medical errors and harm and to save more lives. Specifically, they promote:
- Patient-centered care
- Quality healthcare and medication safety
- Prevention of Hospital-associated infections
- Medical device safety
- Patient’s rights to be informed of all treatment risks and choices
- Better communications between patients and medical professionals
- Health care transparency and accountability
- Patient education and advocacy
Contact WAPS at WaPatientRights@gmail.com.
Read their stories on their website here.
Like WAPS on Facebook.